Welcome to Singapore Hamsters Club
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help - checking Hamster Teeth

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

clarey

clarey

Advanced Member

•  General Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationSiglap
Help! How do I check my hamster's teeth?

I can't seem to scruff him so that he shows his teeth. Mostly he just faces me with this scrunched up "wtf are you doing to me" face.

I only get to see his teeth when he yawns at me, but there's no way of telling if it's overgrown because he's too quick. Tips, anyone?!
Posted Image
Owner of Tofu (pww) & Shine (sww)

Ninet

Ninet

Advanced Member

•  General Members
  • 145 posts
Me too. And miso will go into rage and might even squeak! She can turn very violent and dh e around :x

ChowHousehold

ChowHousehold

Advanced Member

•  Premier Members
  • 85 posts
If I am not wrong, a hamster will hardly touch their food (commercial mix or organic seed), if he/she has issues with his/her teeth. Their diminished body mass will be significant too. Of course, our observation power depends on how much time we spent with our hammies each day :)

ZyZy (boy), ZaZa (gal), since 16 July 2011

TicTic (boy), TacTac (boy), and ToeToe (gal), since 4 September 2011

In memory of

ZyZy (boy) ~ 16 July 2011 (not DOB) to 8 June 2013 ~/ ZaZa (gal) ~16 July 2011 (not DOB) to 29 August 2013 ~/ TicTic (boy) ~ 4 September 2011 to 17 January 2013 ~/ TacTac (boy) ~ 4 September 2011 to 1 October 2013 ~

Jasmin

Jasmin

Advanced Member

•  General Members
  • 1015 posts
  • LocationBukit Batok
Besides not eating the dried food, any signs of drooling? This may indicate some teeth problem.

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users