• Announcements

• Admin

Why I can't post or login to SHC?   01/31/17

All new members please take note. Read here if you are having problem logging in, unable to post or reply any topics.      
leily!

Where are you studying?

123 posts in this topic

Heyhey hamstersrock what's biomedical science like?

Haha I'm thinking of taking biomed sci so I'm curious.

Like you know what kind of career options or further study options do you have if you take biomed sci in poly?

Heyhey hamstersrock what's biomedical science like?

Haha I'm thinking of taking biomed sci so I'm curious.

Like you know what kind of career options or further study options do you have if you take biomed sci in poly?

Hey. Sorry for the late reply. Well, biomed sci is fun! Practical sessions are the best in poly! I look forward to prac sessions everywk :) There are interesting expts to work on!! But the thing is u must have passion in this area if not ur learning journey will be hard. for career options, there are plenty to choose from, such researchers, lab technologists, etc. If u r really keen, u can go into medical school and become a doctor. I m sure u must have read news about poly grad entering local med school. Or u can also study in depth on certain aspects of biology that u r interested in for eg. cancer biology, neuroscience, etc. There are also poly grad obtaining scholarships from A-STAR to study locally or abroad.

Actually i'm not qualified in this thread liao.study seem like 20yrs ago history to me.but see some interesting subject here, @leily what your plan after graduation? Special needs, occupation thrapist a high demand market.

@summer white.you studying about foam? I'm learning them now for work. Maybe need yr knowledge in different type of foam like epe,xpe,,eva.

Actually i'm not qualified in this thread liao.study seem like 20yrs ago history to me.but see some interesting subject here, @leily what your plan after graduation? Special needs, occupation thrapist a high demand market.

@summer white.you studying about foam? I'm learning them now for work. Maybe need yr knowledge in different type of foam like epe,xpe,,eva.

Hahah after graduation I have a 2 year bond.

If doing therapy, I'm more interested in behavioural therapy, preferably with animal assisted therapy.

OH MY GOSH, im so sorry that i missed out ur tag! 

yeah im studying foams! infact i just had a bloody test on last week urgh... didnt know ur working in the same industry! 

i was just tested on PU foams.. the ones u mention dont seem very familiar to me tho :/. 

maybe u could pm me? we can discuss further thru there :D

Edited by Summer White

Hey. Sorry for the late reply. Well, biomed sci is fun! Practical sessions are the best in poly! I look forward to prac sessions everywk :) There are interesting expts to work on!! But the thing is u must have passion in this area if not ur learning journey will be hard. for career options, there are plenty to choose from, such researchers, lab technologists, etc. If u r really keen, u can go into medical school and become a doctor. I m sure u must have read news about poly grad entering local med school. Or u can also study in depth on certain aspects of biology that u r interested in for eg. cancer biology, neuroscience, etc. There are also poly grad obtaining scholarships from A-STAR to study locally or abroad.

Hey! Can you provide more information regarding admissions to Uni? How many are able to obtain scholarships?

Am a JC retainee because I couldn't make myself study this year.. Forced myself to come here when deep down all I wanted was to study Biomed...

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk

Hi~! *(*´∀`*)☆

Just joined last night~ Realized that the hamster sections of most Singapore based pet forums are pretty dead :/
I'm a Ngee Ann Poly Year 2, currently in Veterinary Bioscience~

Nice to meet you~! *bows*

Hi~! *(*´∀`*)☆

Just joined last night~ Realized that the hamster sections of most Singapore based pet forums are pretty dead :/

I'm a Ngee Ann Poly Year 2, currently in Veterinary Bioscience~

Nice to meet you~! *bows*

Welcome welcome!

Yay from Ngee Ann too! Haha, though I can't wait to get this sem over and done with and graduate :X

Hey all there!

I'm newbie here.. Sch ended a couple of years ago for me in nus. Sec sch was a O.K., but jc was definitely the worst 2 years of my educational life.

Anyone can share abt masters degree? I want to change job industry, so masters is one way to switch to a new field?

Hey all there!

I'm newbie here.. Sch ended a couple of years ago for me in nus. Sec sch was a O.K., but jc was definitely the worst 2 years of my educational life.

Anyone can share abt masters degree? I want to change job industry, so masters is one way to switch to a new field?

Wah masters! What industry are you in? :o

Next year I in P6 liao T_T

All the best for PSLE! Study smart! :D

Hey all there!

It may be better to take a masters degree closely related to your work. Usually it is 1 or 2 years programme including writing a thesis.

Hi everyone. I  finished PSLE in 2012 and am now in NUS High.

Congrats and enjoy your learning journey in NUS High.

All the best for PSLE! Study smart! :D

I will but my mandarin is very bad and my math is not good and my science is beyond redemption but my English is A :sweatdrop:

Hi everyone. I  finished PSLE in 2012 and am now in NUS High.

Cool! Enjoy your Sec School life! :D

I will but my mandarin is very bad and my math is not good and my science is beyond redemption but my English is A :sweatdrop:

My math wasn't good either ): The only B I got in PSLE.

My English and Mother Tongue were definitely my strongest subjects!

All the best, yeah? :D

If nothing goes wrong i'll be graduating from NTU in a couple of months, School of Art, Design & Media majoring in Digital Filmmaking  :)

If nothing goes wrong i'll be graduating from NTU in a couple of months, School of Art, Design & Media majoring in Digital Filmmaking  :)

Congrats.