• Announcements

• Admin

Why I can't post or login to SHC?   01/31/17

All new members please take note. Read here if you are having problem logging in, unable to post or reply any topics.      
leily!

Where are you studying?

123 posts in this topic

Hello! 

Haha, it's a very boring night and I noticed that this section of the forum is quite dead and I thought why not come up with a thread? :D

So let me get the ball rolling,

Name: Leily (name I use in almost all forums. not my real name)

School: Ngee Ann Poly/ Dip in Child Psychology and Early Education (Early Intervention)/ Year 3 FYI&FYP this Sem :D

CCA: Hi! Club (Hearing Impaired Club; where you get to learn sign language, interact with the Deaf and sign songs)

Anybody else from Ngee Ann? :D

Please add on to this thread or I will be so paiseh :blush:  :blush:  :mega_shok: . HAHA.

hello hello! 

OHH i also have a friend who just graduated with merit from early childhood psychology.. maybe u might know her!

im graduated from SP with a diploma in material science. applied to NTU. got accepted, and rejected their offer and decided to study advanced diploma in polymer technology. its a part time course for 2 yrs, then off to a UK uni for a 1 yr masters degree :)

juggling with studies, 9 hamsters, and having to prove to my mom that the hams are not affecting my studies, i dont have time to join a cca when i was in SP :x

You guys are so oldddd xD haha jkjk.

Im in fuhua sec (sec3) & NPCC! :D

If i go by what I wanna study.. (either chemistry medicine or law hehe) I have like 8,9 years of school left. T_T nooooo please tell me working life is easier then school

In school, you have control.

In work, you are controlled by others.

In school, you "reap what you sow" ie you study hard and good grades are within grasp.

In work, you MAY NOT "reap what you sow" ie you work very hard is not equal to high pay or being recognised. A good example will be a cow who ploughs the field "day and night" but still get slaughtered :P

In school, you receive $ from parents.

In work, you "pay" $$ to others.

hello hello! 

OHH i also have a friend who just graduated with merit from early childhood psychology.. maybe u might know her!

im graduated from SP with a diploma in material science. applied to NTU. got accepted, and rejected their offer and decided to study advanced diploma in polymer technology. its a part time course for 2 yrs, then off to a UK uni for a 1 yr masters degree :)

juggling with studies, 9 hamsters, and having to prove to my mom that the hams are not affecting my studies, i dont have time to join a cca when i was in SP :x

Haha maybe! But CPEE and ECH are two different courses.

Wah science *faints*

Hahaha my mum never accused my hamsters when I had them, she knew I am just a lazy person. 

Which I still am when it comes to school :X

I left school long, long time ago :(

HAHAHA good one jasmin. i also left sch alrd :o

Nvm nvm, young at heart can alr! :D 

You guys are so oldddd xD haha jkjk.

Im in fuhua sec (sec3) & NPCC! :D

If i go by what I wanna study.. (either chemistry medicine or law hehe) I have like 8,9 years of school left. T_T nooooo please tell me working life is easier then school

So young! HAHAHA. I feel old now. Why people all want to study so chim one? I feel stupid now! HAHAHAHA.

Working life ah. I've gone through 2 months of internship and for my field, I prefer working ah. Even though the interns get bullied a lot and have to do all the sai kang warrior kind of job (literally) it was definitely much better than sitting in lectures :X

In school, you "reap what you sow" ie you study hard and good grades are within grasp.

In work, you MAY NOT "reap what you sow" ie you work very hard is not equal to high pay or being recognised. A good example will be a cow who ploughs the field "day and night" but still get slaughtered :P

In school, you receive $ from parents.

In work, you "pay" $$ to others.

In school, you fall asleep.

At work, you wish you can fall asleep! 

HAHA.

Yeah true true. I agree with that. Cause I do all the crap work as best as I can also they not happy and ask me to redo or just give  me that unhappy face. Or worse, comment on how slow/inefficient I am. Lol. But I don't care since doing those things were not part of my "job scope" but I did it anyway.

At work there's a lot of politics and backstabbing and gossiping. If you have just ONE friend at work, it's really good enough already! Haha if not you either blend in with them or just stay out of their way.

IDK which awesome school you came from.... But theres no control for us here. Nope none nil zilch zero.

So young! HAHAHA. I feel old now. Why people all want to study so chim one? I feel stupid now! HAHAHAHA.

HAHA Its not I wanna study chim topics lol.. Medicine is cause I've been interested in it since like super long ago + I wanna help people get well again. And i used to have this kinda impossible goal to help cure AIDS.. (only for rape victims etc, if you slept around you deserve HIV/AIDS. ) Chemistry is cuz its like the only thing Im good in and like :x. +Chem is funnnnn haha . And I always liked laws idk why. i find them fascinating. i wanna work near them.

At work there's a lot of politics and backstabbing and gossiping. If you have just ONE friend at work, it's really good enough already! Haha if not you either blend in with them or just stay out of their way.

There's freaking war in school. I swear sometimes its like my clique is the Jews and the other clique is the Nazi or something. I was bullied until i was that *holds fingers 2 mm apart* close to hanging myself back in sec1 >< 

LOL I'll probably be so used to backstabbers and rumors about me from school life that working life will be the same experience -_- 

There's freaking war in school. I swear sometimes its like my clique is the Jews and the other clique is the Nazi or something. I was bullied until i was that *holds fingers 2 mm apart* close to hanging myself back in sec1 >< 

LOL I'll probably be so used to backstabbers and rumors about me from school life that working life will be the same experience -_-

I hated secondary school too. Lol. Worst 4 years of my life. Waste of time too. So glad to have escaped it. Even though I didn't do great for Os but then I never really bothered to study much. LOL.

I hated secondary school too. Lol. Worst 4 years of my life. Waste of time too. So glad to have escaped it. Even though I didn't do great for Os but then I never really bothered to study much. LOL.

ikr im only studying because im literally forced to LOL. just 18 more months and i can move on to JC.. please pass quickly these few months :/ 

ikr im only studying because im literally forced to LOL. just 18 more months and i can move on to JC.. please pass quickly these few months :/ 

LOL more studying in JC!!!

LOL more studying in JC!!!

Well in JC maybe they wont tease you for getting a A1 in every single chem test..

And maybe they wont beg me to coach them through 5 chapters of chem 15 minutes before the exam LOL dear that isnt possible

Well in JC maybe they wont tease you for getting a A1 in every single chem test..

And maybe they wont beg me to coach them through 5 chapters of chem 15 minutes before the exam LOL dear that isnt possible

Noo in JC got a lot of secret muggers. That's what all my friends say! Haha. Nvm la you will probably be happier then. You're not that far off from leaving your sec sch!

IMO, JC is a waste of time. Waste of my time in JC:/

if you know what ya wanna do, go do it at a poly/private uni.

Dont waste time mans.

And JC chem is a huge ass jump from secsch chem..

Sec sch for me was ok i guess... made a bunch of really good friends, and the rest of the "class" with all the popular kids were kinda invisible to me, just ignored them. and the funny thing was that i sat right in front of the class for sec 3 and 4 and i made friends with the "infront clique". then when i went to poly, there was a guy from my class who studied the same diploma and was in the same poly class as me... it was so awkward but we ended up becoming good poly friends for the next 3 yrs :). and till today, i still say that i didnt know him at all during sec sch, and had never talked to him AT ALL FOR 2 YRS, cos he was the "at the back clique". and now he would share stories with me abt the ppl at the back hahahahaha, like some grand father story.

i ended up getting 11 points for my L1R5 (aft deducting all the stuffs) and i couldnt go to a good JC, just 1 pt short -.-. my thinking was that, if u wanna go JC then go to a good JC, so since i couldnt get into places like SAJC or AJ or even CJC, then go poly lor heh. 

studying material science wasnt actually MY choice, it was my decided by my mom.. cos she's working as HR in this industry so she kinda knows that it has a good future.. i actually wanted to study vet science, but she said no. but come to think of it, being a vet in SG is hard and very competitive, and there's only a few hand full of organisations dealing with animals.. so looking back, maybe my mom was right...

Im aiming for NJC! If it turns out that i get super bad and can only go JJC... nah. Poly thanks LOL.

Right now at term 3 in sec 3, if i deduct everything its either 12/14.. zzz need to work on my english lah my english dragged everything down.

IMO, JC is a waste of time. Waste of my time in JC:/
if you know what ya wanna do, go do it at a poly/private uni.
Dont waste time mans.
And JC chem is a huge ass jump from secsch chem..

I actually dont really know what i wanna do like I got it down to those 3 but its not 100% confirm I want do :/

But the chem textbook my sis uses sounds so interesting. 

Oh and i have a qns

If say my l1r5 is 4 after deduction. N I failed Amath,which isnt in my l1r5. and everyone applying to NJC got a l1r5 4 and passed everything else.

Will they like look at my amath and be all "nah she cant come here" and let the others wont didnt fail amath and got the same l1r5 as me in first ><

Looking back my school days, each stage has its happiness and saddness.

Overall, U days seemed the best because of complete freedom. As long as school fees were paid promptly, nobody knew if you attended the lectures or tutorials.

The "hardest" days would be upper sec and JC because it was that period I realised I needed to go something more serious before it is too late.

Before that, I worried only when the exam was over because I needed to get parent's signature on the report book :(

Sec sch for me was ok i guess... made a bunch of really good friends, and the rest of the "class" with all the popular kids were kinda invisible to me, just ignored them. and the funny thing was that i sat right in front of the class for sec 3 and 4 and i made friends with the "infront clique". then when i went to poly, there was a guy from my class who studied the same diploma and was in the same poly class as me... it was so awkward but we ended up becoming good poly friends for the next 3 yrs :). and till today, i still say that i didnt know him at all during sec sch, and had never talked to him AT ALL FOR 2 YRS, cos he was the "at the back clique". and now he would share stories with me abt the ppl at the back hahahahaha, like some grand father story.

i ended up getting 11 points for my L1R5 (aft deducting all the stuffs) and i couldnt go to a good JC, just 1 pt short -.-. my thinking was that, if u wanna go JC then go to a good JC, so since i couldnt get into places like SAJC or AJ or even CJC, then go poly lor heh. 

studying material science wasnt actually MY choice, it was my decided by my mom.. cos she's working as HR in this industry so she kinda knows that it has a good future.. i actually wanted to study vet science, but she said no. but come to think of it, being a vet in SG is hard and very competitive, and there's only a few hand full of organisations dealing with animals.. so looking back, maybe my mom was right...

i wished i can study vet science... but i knew i will be too jelly hearted to be in the vet science course. and even if i scraped tru to be a vet, i will probably die of depression if i failed to save an animal. i m not cut out to be a vet :X

furthermore, i m not smart enuff xD <-- MAIN REASON HAHAHAHAHA

I worked in a vet clinic before I went to U. I liked the job but because vet science is only offered in overseas U, I could not afford and thus stay put.

Even if you studied vet science in poly, you cant be a vet.. maybe only those vet assistants..>_<

If cfm wanna be a vet, go AUS/UK straight after O-Levels and do a foundation course (13weeks~1.5yrs, depending on which UNI) then go straight into vet course..

I shouldve done that, such a waste of time in JC>:(

Ah heck it, at least I found what I wanted to do for uni through wasted time in JC..

*proudly proclaims: I HATE H2 MATHS*

I worked in a vet clinic before I went to U. I liked the job but because vet science is only offered in overseas U, I could not afford and thus stay put.

Cant afford then must go for scholarship/sponsorship haha. 

i wished i can study vet science... but i knew i will be too jelly hearted to be in the vet science course. and even if i scraped tru to be a vet, i will probably die of depression if i failed to save an animal. i m not cut out to be a vet :X

furthermore, i m not smart enuff xD <-- MAIN REASON HAHAHAHAHA

I'll also die of depression if i cant save a animal. The weird thing is that if I cant save a human its perfectly okay with me

Hey! C&C, my sister is also sec 3 this yr! and she everything get C or B except her amath get A1 -.- cos of a good tuition teacher that was teaching me and is now teaching her heh..

i dont think they will look at ur other subjects that u didnt count into ur l1r5, but if u wanna go to a JC, u'll definitely need a good foundation in both E and A math to get past h2 math.. otherwise, the 2 yrs to a level will be a tough struggle :/

actually initially i was hesitant to study vet cos of all the operating and bloody stuffs etc.. but again come to think of it, u're operating on the animal for the right reasons, like to save their lives or to prevent further problems etc. and it does happen that the animal dont make it off the operating table, but u'll have to get past it and look toward the future and save the next life.. kinda have to be optimistic.

yeah, if i had studied vet science, i prolly would have gone to either NP or TP to take the vet course then go on to overseas uni to get a degree and be a practitioner..  

LOL introduce the tuition teacher leh XD

I only got A1 for my pure chem and pure phy -_- and A2 for Lit.. everything else B/C. With 2 D7 in amath and C.hum lol :( 

*Loudly proclaims that I hate math all math.*

Wah our points quite similar leh. But I managed to get 10 pts after deduction but my mum said "Aiyah you so lazy just go Poly lah!" LOL. And I'm still lazy in Poly :X

Im aiming for NJC! If it turns out that i get super bad and can only go JJC... nah. Poly thanks LOL.

Right now at term 3 in sec 3, if i deduct everything its either 12/14.. zzz need to work on my english lah my english dragged everything down.

I actually dont really know what i wanna do like I got it down to those 3 but its not 100% confirm I want do :/

But the chem textbook my sis uses sounds so interesting. 

Oh and i have a qns

If say my l1r5 is 4 after deduction. N I failed Amath,which isnt in my l1r5. and everyone applying to NJC got a l1r5 4 and passed everything else.

Will they like look at my amath and be all "nah she cant come here" and let the others wont didnt fail amath and got the same l1r5 as me in first ><

Lol my A math and E math was F9 in Sec 3 and 4. But B3 for both for O levels. And for me it was English that saved me. Cause Higher Mother Tongue was C5!!

Looking back my school days, each stage has its happiness and saddness.

Overall, U days seemed the best because of complete freedom. As long as school fees were paid promptly, nobody knew if you attended the lectures or tutorials.

The "hardest" days would be upper sec and JC because it was that period I realised I needed to go something more serious before it is too late.

Before that, I worried only when the exam was over because I needed to get parent's signature on the report book :(

I agree! I will worry and toss and turn in bed but in the end still never study  -_-

Even if you studied vet science in poly, you cant be a vet.. maybe only those vet assistants..>_<

If cfm wanna be a vet, go AUS/UK straight after O-Levels and do a foundation course (13weeks~1.5yrs, depending on which UNI) then go straight into vet course..

I shouldve done that, such a waste of time in JC> :(

Ah heck it, at least I found what I wanted to do for uni through wasted time in JC..

*proudly proclaims: I HATE H2 MATHS*

Yeah only can become vet tech. Cannot be vet. My friend is in TP's Vet Tech course. Dunno how it's going didn't keep in touch lol.

LOL introduce the tuition teacher leh XD

I only got A1 for my pure chem and pure phy -_- and A2 for Lit.. everything else B/C. With 2 D7 in amath and C.hum lol :(

*Loudly proclaims that I hate math all math.*

I hate math too! I want to shove it in my teacher's face that I no longer need to study math. She told me "If you keep this up you can forget about passing Os". In the end pass also -.-

I don't remember what I got for Os... LOL. I think A2 was English.. I dropped my sciences to combined science (A2 also I think) cause the school ask me to drop A math but I didn't want to cause A math was more fun than E math.

I had a class mate who got A1 for English and C/less than C for everything else.

I majored in math bec it was a subject that involved little hands-on. I am real clumsy, so cutting animals and playing with test-tubes/equipment is out for me.